Tuesday 4 October 2011

2nd Individual Essay of Humanistic Studies


Well, my name is Leni Herlina. I am going to tell you the history of my name. I was born in Sekayu, South Sumatra on October 8 1992. Thursday was my born day and now I am waiting for my 19th birthday.  It means I will be an adult girl. I am the youngest child in my family. I have sisters and no brother. At the first time when I was born, my sisters gave a recommendation about my name. They named me Leni Marlina but my mom did not like the last part of the name and also I have a neighbor who has the same name. So she changed my name became Leni Herlina. She said that she like the name Leni Herlina.
When I am asking my mom about my name’s meaning she does not know. She just said that she like that name without know any meaning of it. Then she asked me to find it by myself but after looking for the meaning, I still do not find the meaning of my name. There is an Indonesian’s wise word “apalah arti sebuah nama”. For me the meaning of a name is not too important but one you have to know, your family give the name to you with the reason. Even I do not know the meaning itself, I am enjoy having this name. I think my name Leni Herlina is appropriate name. In my opinion, my name does not have any negative meaning. What I know, when I am introducing my name to others, they will not relate my name with a name from other religion. Even there is no part of my name included in holly Quran but people know that I am a moeslem. So far, there is no person who complains about my name.
If I allowed changing my name, I will not change it because I love this name and my special woman, my mom really like this name. I know the name Leni is “nama pasaran” but however it is I do not want to change it. Actually I just want to add my family’s name in the last of my name. Not all the things in life are accidents. So I think God has prepared something behind my name. I believe the power of my name makes me become a patience person, strong and smart enough girls. I think this name give me luckiness. I was born in rich enough family and my family loves me so much. By this name, people know me. They understand me. I have many friends. My life is colorful. So thank you so much God for showed my family the way to gave me the name Leni herlina. You have to believe that there is a power behind your name.

2 comments:

  1. actually your name is like sundanese name, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Icha..may be my mom hope that me will find someone from Sundaness
    hahahah

    ReplyDelete